The 2018 Whitehorse Excellence in Business Awards
The Whitehorse Excellence in Business Awards celebrate the outstanding performances of local business. The awards offer nominees exceptional exposure to raise their profile and open the doors to future possibilities.
Created in 2001, the Whitehorse Excellence in Business Awards are a sought after accolade of achievement. These local business awards recognise the courage, commitment, drive and determination it takes to run a business. Participating gives finalists and winners a highly visible endorsement of their success. This is guaranteed to raise your credibility and marketplace profile.
Why should you nominate your business for a local business award?
To walk away with a win is a brilliant achievement with instant gratification but it’s not all about the win. Nominees and finalists experience a host of benefits with short term and long term standing:
- Nomination is a chance to showcase areas of distinction and highlight examples of innovation, creativity, leadership and positive impact.
- Nomination presents exceptional marketing and PR opportunities to increase brand awareness and your business profile.
- Progressing as a finalist instantly improves credibility and authority to peers and prospective partners.
- Recognition as an ‘Award Winning Business’ gives your business a distinct competitive advantage and will add gravitas to your promotional material.
- Participating provides unique opportunities to connect with and learn from like-minded nominees. This valuable networking can help improve strategies and secure future opportunities for growth.
- The application process provides a platform for business owners to reflect on business practices and improve future performance.
What types of businesses are eligible to nominate?
The awards are open to all local businesses operating within the City of Whitehorse. Whether you’re a sole trader in start up phase or a long standing SME with solutions worth shouting about, nominating your business will prove it’s worth participating.
Award categories to cater for all types of businesses.
The award categories recognise outstanding performances can be achieved by businesses of all sizes and have been designed with diversity in mind. The wide range of categories mean your business is competing alongside similar sized businesses.
You can nominate your business in one of the following categories:
- Excellence in Business Award for a Community Group
- Excellence in Business Award for a Sole Trader
- Excellence in Business Award for a Micro Business (2-5 employees)
- Excellence in Business Award for a Small Business (6-20 employees)
- Excellence in Business Award for a Medium Business (21-50 employees)
- Excellence in Business Award for a Large Business (51-100 employees)
- Excellence in Business Award for a Major Business (over 101 employees)
An independent panel of local business leaders and past award winners assess the entries. While the process is challenging, progressing to the shortlist is a clear indication a finalist is worthy of recognition.
The Awards Gala Dinner
Award winners are announced at the Whitehorse Excellence in Business Awards Gala Dinner, held in October. The black tie evening is one of our biggest and most stylish functions of the year. With high profile sponsors, the event is well promoted through mainstream media and offers finalists excellent exposure. Over 250 guests including state politicians, local councillors and local business leaders attend the event.
Ready to nominate your business?
Entries close on Friday 7th September, 2018
If you would like further information on nomination or sponsorship of the Whitehorse Excellence in Business Gala Dinner, you can call our office on 03 9275 6910.Request an 'Award Nomination Package'
What's it like to be an award winning business?
"We were honoured to be finalists and winners at the Whitehorse Excellence in Business Awards. This accolade provided great exposure and helped us stand out to our local community. The Whitehorse Business Group is an amazing resource for local businesses."
Harry and Katherine Kyriakou
McGrath Estate Agents